Ingredients - Sub Sandwich
|6" baquette, sliced in half horizontally||2 ea|
Marinara sauce, prepared
Cauliflower meatballs, prepared (recipe below)
Provolone cheese, 1/4” slice
Stouffer's Cauliflower Alfredo
|Ingredients - Cauliflower Meatballs|
|Cauliflower 1/2" florets, blanched||2 cups|
|Brown rice, cooked||2 cups|
|Chickpea flour, sifted||1/2 cup|
|Italian seasoning||2 tsp|
|Kosher salt||1 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
Method - Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 350F°.
- Lay the two cut loaves of bread, inside facing up, on a parchment-lined half sheet pan.
- Spread an even layer of marinara on each piece of bread.
- Add 6 meatballs to each bottom piece of bread; top with sliced cheese and Cauliflower Alfredo.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese and sauce are bubbling, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Place the top portion of the bread on the meatballs, pressing down lightly. Cut sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Method - Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a bowl, mix cauliflower, brown rice, chickpea flour, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt.
- Transfer to a food processor, and pulse 4-6 times until ingredients come together.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to a bowl, and using a tablespoon measure, scoop out 12 portions. Roll each portion into a uniform ball.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add oil and when the oil shimmers, add cauliflower meatballs and sear on all sides, until golden brown. Drain the oil out of the pan and then place it in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes to finish cooking.
- Serve immediately.
Products used in the recipe
Stouffer’s Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce combines the goodness of cauliflower with the rich flavors of real Italian-style hard cheeses and cream for a uniquely tasty sauce your customers can feel good about.
Grilled Mac and Cheese with Tomato Bisque
- 12 portions
- 0:04 TIME
- 50 portions
Honey Citrus Pepper Grilled Chicken Wrap
- 0:15 TIME
- 10 portions
- 254 calories
Pumpkin Grilled Cheese
- 0:24 TIME
- 8 portions