Mashed potatoes, prepared, chilled
1 1/2 cup
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Eggs, whole, beaten
|Oil, vegetable or canola||For frying|
- Combine the mashed potatoes, egg yolks, Chorizo Skillet, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a 4-oz measure, shape the croquettes on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Place the flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes.
- Roll the chilled croquettes through the flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and roll in breadcrumbs (standard breading procedure).
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 350° F in a deep pot. Place a sheet of parchment on a sheet tray and place a rack on the parchment as a “landing station.”
- Fry the croquettes in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from the oil with tongs and transfer to the paper towels.
- To make the aioli, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the croquettes with the aioli.
Products used in the recipe
Appetizer/Small Plates Entrées Side Dishes
Eggplant Steaks with Pesto Yogurt and 'Steak' Sauce
- 0:45 TIME
- 10 portions
Appetizer/Small Plates Salad/Salad Dressings
Lemon Tarragon Lobster Salad
- 0:10 TIME
- 8 portions
- 155 calories
Appetizer/Small Plates Sauces/Gravies Snacks
Korean Chicken Wing Sauce
- 0:04 TIME
- 16 portions
- 21 calories
Cold Brew Candied Bacon
- 10 portions