|Virgin Olive oil, .25 cup||2 oz|
|Shallots, raw, .5 cup, minced||2 oz|
|Celery, 1.5 cup, small diced||6 oz|
|Squash, zucchini, baby, raw, 2 qts, medium diced||32 oz|
|Minor's Gluten Free Vegetable Base made with Natural Ingredients 6 x 1 pound, 5 tsp||1 oz|
|Water, tap, drinking, 2 qt||64 oz|
|Parsley, fresh, .75 cup, leaves only||0.75 oz|
|Baby spinach leaves, 1.5 cup||3 oz|
|Lemon zest, 1 tbsp||5 g|
|Lemon juice, fresh, 3 tbsp||1.5 oz|
|Table salt, 2 tsp||5 g|
|Spices, pepper, black, 1 tsp, ground fine||2 g|
- In a 8-qt sauce pot over medium high heat, add oil, shallots and celery. sweat, stirring frequently for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook until soft, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add water and Vegetable Base, heat to boiling: reduce heat and gently boil for approximately 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add parsley, spinach, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and juice; mix until incorporated fully.
- Pureé in blender, using small batches; pour through a fine mesh strainer.
- Reserve for service, hot or cold.
Average nutritional values per portion
|Fats, total||0 g|
|Carbohydrate, total||3 g|
|Sugars, total||1 g|
|Fats, saturated||0 g|
|Fiber, total dietary||1 g|
|Vitamin C||23 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 IU|
Products used in the recipe
Cream of Chicken Cup
- 0:15 TIME
- 6 portions
- 123 calories
Sichuan Style Hot and Sour Soup
- 0:30 TIME
- 10 portions
- 46 calories
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 0:40 TIME
- 10 portions
- 137 calories
Pumpkin and Cauliflower Soup
- 1:00 TIME
- 16 portions