|Nestlé Abuelita Authentic Mexican Style Hot Chocolate Mix, bulk||1 3/4 cups|
|3 1/2 cups|
|Tomato paste||7 Tbsp|
Cherries, dried, chopped
1 3/4 cups
Chipotle in adobo
|3 1/2 Tsp|
|1 3/4 Tsp|
|Water, hot||5 1/4 cups|
Beef, short ribs, english style, 2 inches long
|8 3/4 lbs|
Vinegar, apple cider
Tortillas, white corn, grilled
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine Nestlé Abuelita Authentic Mexican Style Hot Chocolate Mix, onion, garlic, beef base, tomato paste, dried cherries, chipotle in adobo, oregano, paprika, and hot water in blender.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Season beef ribs with salt and pepper.
- Working in two batches, sear beef on all sides for about two minutes. Transfer them to a plate.
- When all the beef is seared, add them back to the dutch oven, covering them with the mole sauce, apple cider vinegar, and wine.
- Braise the beef in the oven for about 2-2 1/2 hours, or until the short ribs are tender and have fallen off the bone.
- Remove ribs from sauce and discard the bones and fat. Shred the meat into a bowl, adding sauce and mixing thoroughly.
- To assemble tacos, lay out 3 grilled tortillas, spoon 2.5oz (1/4 cup) of meat and sauce onto each tortilla, and serve with a wedge of lime.
Garnish with toppings such as: pickled red onion, cilantro sprigs, avocado crema, or thinly sliced radishes.
Products used in the recipe
Vegetable Lasagna Cannelloni
- 12 portions
Pork Belly Bubble Up Pizza
- 0:50 TIME
- 10 portions
- 139 calories
Lobster Tail Mezcal Mac
- 12 portions
Spring Bowtie Pasta
- 0:20 TIME
- 20 portions
- 335 calories