Curried Pumpkin and Peanut Stew
- 8 portions
Canola oil (or other light flavored oil)
Minor’s Tikka Masala Curry Conc.
Onion, large, yellow, ¼” slice pole to pole
Jalapeno pepper, small, seeded and diced (to taste)
Peanut butter (plain, roasted only with no salt)
Rustic Cut Tomatoes, Dei Fratelli or crushed tomatoes
Butternut Squash, diced, ¼”
Carrot, peeled, diced, ¼”
Celery, diced ¼”
Potato, diced ¼”
Red bell pepper, diced ¼”
Chickpea can, drained and rinsed
Petit Peas, frozen
|1 1/2 cups|
Zucchini, diced ¼”
Zest of 1 lemon
Salt and Pepper
Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a large soup kettle over medium flame, sauté onions until translucent. While stirring continuously, add curry concentrate and continue to sauté until aromatic, approx. 30 sec.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, peanut butter, tomato paste and pumpkin to pot. Continue to cook for 1-2 min.
- Add base concentrate, tomatoes and water, stir to combine
- Add squash, carrot, potato, and bell peppers
- Cover pot and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tenderand flavors are melding
- Add drained chick peas, peas, zucchini, and lemon zest and juice. Simmer uncovered for 10-15 min.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and acidity – preferably fresh lemon juice
- Garnish soup with chopped cilantro