|Vegetable oil||2 Tbsp.|
Yellow onion, diced ¼’’
|Swiss chard, chopped|
|Minor‘s GreenLeaf Cilantro Pesto Gluten Free|
|Lemon juice||2 Tbsp.|
|Chipotles in adobo, chopped with the sauce|
|Eggs, whole, poached||10 each|
|Dill, fresh, chopped||2 Tbsp.|
|Cilantro, fresh, chopped||2 Tbsp.|
|Mint, fresh, chopped||2 Tbsp.|
|Feta cheese, crumbled||1 cup|
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil. Cook the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent. Add the kale and Swiss chard; cook until tender and wilted.
- When the greens are wilted, stir in the cilantro pesto and lemon juice. Add the chicken stock and chipotles in adobo, and stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add additional stock as necessary to achieve a sauce-like consistency.
- For each serving, place 6 oz shakshuka mixture in a shallow serving bowl or pan. Make a “divot” in the shakshuka mixture and add a poached egg. Alternately, crack a whole raw egg into the divot, cover, and poach in the sauce mixture until the white is set and the yolk is done to your liking.
- Garnish the shakshuka with the fresh herbs and crumbled feta.
Serve the shakshuka with naan or pita bread.
Products used in the recipe
Breakfast Side Dishes
- 0:50 TIME
- 20 portions
Lumberjack Biscuits and Gravy
- 1:00 TIME
- 35 portions
- 672 calories
Beverages Breakfast Desserts Snacks
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 0:05 TIME
- 6 portions
- 159 calories
Breakfast Side Dishes Snacks
Roasted Red Pepper Schmear
- 0:10 TIME
- 10 portions
- 399 calories