|Vegetable oil||2 Tbsp.|
Yellow onion, diced ¼’’
|Swiss chard, chopped|
|Minor‘s GreenLeaf Basil Pesto Gluten Free|
|Lemon juice||2 Tbsp.|
|Chipotles in adobo, chopped with the sauce|
|Eggs, whole, poached||10 each|
|Dill, fresh, chopped||2 Tbsp.|
|Cilantro, fresh, chopped||2 Tbsp.|
|Mint, fresh, chopped||2 Tbsp.|
|Feta cheese, crumbled||1 cup|
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil. Cook the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent. Add the kale and Swiss chard; cook until tender and wilted.
- When the greens are wilted, stir in the basil pesto and lemon juice. Add the chicken stock and chipotles in adobo, and stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add additional stock as necessary to achieve a sauce-like consistency.
- For each serving, place 6 oz shakshuka mixture in a shallow serving bowl or pan. Make a “divot” in the shakshuka mixture and add a poached egg. Alternately, crack a whole raw egg into the divot, cover, and poach in the sauce mixture until the white is set and the yolk is done to your liking.
- Garnish the shakshuka with the fresh herbs and crumbled feta.
Serve the shakshuka with naan or pita bread.
Products used in the recipe
Offers scratch-like quality. The locally grown basil is also combined with flavorful garlic, olive oil and 100% real parmesan cheese.
Biscuits with Chef-mate Country Sausage Gravy
- 0:25 TIME
- 48 portions
- 194 calories
- 0:55 TIME
- 10 portions
- 0:15 TIME
- 10 portions
Buttermilk Chicken Biscuit with Sausage Gravy
- 0:40 TIME
- 4 portions
- 1675 calories