|Vegetable oil, 1/2 cup||3.33 fl.oz|
|Shallot, roughly chopped, 20 each||16 oz|
|Natural Lemongrass, trimmed and sliced very thinly, 1 cup||3 oz|
|Garlic, cloves, fresh, peeled, 16 each||2 oz|
|Chili pepper, Jalapeño, Red chilies (Fresno, cayenne), fresh, seeded, stems removed, 4 each||2 oz|
|Ginger, minced, 2 tbsp.||0.5 oz|
|Turmeric, ground, 4 tsp.||0.5 oz|
|Coriander, ground, 4 tsp.||6 g|
|Chicken thigh with bone, skin on, 16 each||8 lb|
|Coconut milk, 3-1/3 cup||27 fl.oz|
|Chicken Broth made with Minor's Gluten Free Natural Chicken Base, 2 cups||16 fl.oz|
|Maggi Spicy Seasoning 6 x 400 ml, 6 tbsp.||3 fl.oz|
- To make a spice paste, add 1/2 cup of oil to a blender. Add the shallots, lemongrass, garlic, chilies, ginger, turmeric, and coriander, and puree until semi smooth.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add spice paste and cook, stirring often, until oil begins to separate from puree, darkens in color, and the raw shallot taste has subsided, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, coconut milk, chicken stock and Spicy Seasoning. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour until the chicken is tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional Maggi Spicy Seasoning.
- Make sure to include some plain white rice for its intense flavor and pair with some other simply-cooked dishes.
Garnish with fried shallots for an added layer of crunch.
Average nutritional values per portion
|Fats, total||61 g|
|Carbohydrate, total||15 g|
|Sugars, total||4 g|
|Fats, saturated||16 g|
|Fiber, total dietary||2 g|
|Vitamin C||14 mg|
|Vitamin D||11 IU|