|Short Rib and Pumpkin-Rosemary Demi|
|Beef short ribs||4 ea|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Olive oil||4 Tbsp|
|Mirepoix, large dice||2 cups|
|Garlic, whole cloves||1/4 cup|
|Rosemary, whole sprigs||4 ea|
|Beef stock||1 qt|
|Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin||7.25 oz|
|Red wine||1/4 cup|
|Parsnip, peeled, shaved||1/2 cup|
|Chicken stock||4 cups|
|Butter, unsalted||4 Tbsp|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||1/4 cup|
|Parsley, chopped||1 Tbsp|
|Thyme, chopped||1 tsp|
|Oregano, chopped||1 tsp|
|Rosemary, chopped||1/2 tsp|
|Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin||1 cup|
Short Rib and Pumpkin-Rosemary Demi
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, heat oil and brown short ribs on all sides. Set aside.
- In a 4” third pan, add chopped mirepoix, garlic cloves, rosemary sprigs and short ribs. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together beef stock, pumpkin and red wine.
- Pour beef stock mixture over short ribs. Cover and bake at 350°F until short ribs are tender, about 4 hours.
- Serve short ribs over hot pumpkin polenta and sauce with one ounce of remaining cooking liquid.
- Fry shaved parsnips in 350°F oil for about 15 seconds until golden brown and crispy. Garnish and serve.
- In a small sauce pan, heat chicken stock to a boil.
- Add polenta and bring to a simmer. Continue to cook, stirring constantly until polenta is tender and thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, parmesan, herbs and pumpkin.
- Serve immediately or chill and cut out shapes for polenta cakes.
Products used in the recipe
Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- 10 portions
- 238 calories
Sweet & Sour Pork Tenderloin
- 0:55 TIME
- 10 portions
- 252 calories
Bourbon Marinated Skirt Steak
- 4 portions
- 522 calories
Appetizer/Small Plates Entrées
Korean BBQ Chicken Taco
- 0:20 TIME
- 38 portions
- 34 calories