Chef-mate Basic Cheddar Canned Cheese Sauce, 6 lb 10 oz (Pack of 6)
A smooth, creamy sauce with real cheese and reliably consistent flavor, texture and appearance.
- Made with real cheddar cheese
- No artificial flavors
- Simple heat and serve
- Holds for up to 8 hours
- 18-month ambient shelf life
Great flavor meets great value. This smooth and creamy cheddar canned cheese sauce provides consistent flavor, texture, and appearance. It’s crafted with real aged cheddar cheese for added flavor and plate appeal. That’s because the Chef-mate Cooked Before Canning (CBC) process enables a high percentage of cheddar cheese with no scorching.
Chef-mate Basic Cheddar Cheese Sauce requires virtually no labor. It’s simple to heat and serve, and there are easy-to-follow prep instructions on every can. Try serving this cheddar cheese sauce on nachos, hot dogs, fries, sandwiches, onion rings, vegetables, breaded zucchini, and more.
Chef-mate How to Video – Basic Cheddar Cheese Sauce
WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, AGED CHEDDAR CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES), MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, MALTODEXTRIN, 2% OR LESS OF CORNSTARCH, SALT, VINEGAR, NATURAL FLAVORING, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, TORULA YEAST, DATEM, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, TURMERIC OLEORESIN (COLOR), YEAST EXTRACT, PAPRIKA OLEORESIN (COLOR).
CONTAINS: MILK INGREDIENTS.
|Per 1/4 cup (62 g)||Daily Value (%)|
|Total Fat||6 g||8|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g||8|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Cholesterol||< 5 mg||2|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0|
|Includes Added Sugars||0 g||0|
|Protein||< 1 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0|
% daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
*Please refer to the product label for the most accurate nutrition, ingredient, and allergen information.
- READY TO EAT - REFRIGERATE AFTER OPENING
- STOVETOP: Heat contents of #10 can to desired temperature in a heavy saucepan, stirring frequently over medium heat.
- STEAM JACKETED KETTLE: Heat contents of #10 can to desired temperature, stirring frequently.
- PRESSURE OR CONVECTION STEAMER: Place contents of #10 can in half steamtable pan, cover tightly. Steam in pressure or convection steamer to desired temperature.
- MICROWAVE OVEN: Microwave in microwave-safe container to desired temperature, cover and vent. Stir once during heating.
- CHEESE PUMP: Follow manufacturer's instructions on cheese pump or fill canister with water up to mark. Remove label and lid from cheese sauce can. Place can into canister. Place pump over cheese sauce to cover. Heat to desired temperature.
- Store remaining unheated portions in tightly sealed plastic container and refrigerate.
- Storage Temperature: Cool, dry place
- Shelf Life in Days: 540
|Pack Size||6 x 106 oz|
|Pack Yield||96 fl oz|
|Case Yield||576 fl oz|
|Servings Per Case||288|
|Net Weight||39.7 lbs|
|Gross Weight||45.2 lbs|
|Case Height||7.1 in|
|Case Width||12.5 in|
|Case Length||18.5 in|
|Case Cube||0.95 ft3|
|Cases Per Layer||8|
|Layers Per Pallet||7|
|Total Cases Per Pallet||56|
2 fluid ounces on roast beef sandwiches, over steamed vegetables or french fries. Use as a dipping sauce for onion rings and breaded zucchini.
|Serving Size||1/4 cup|
|Purchase Unit||#10 can|
|Servings Per Purchase Unit||48|
|Purchase Units Per 100 Servings||2.1 can|
How does Chef-mate can its food?
Chef-mate uses its proprietary Cooked Before Canning (CBC) method. Most bulk canned food is cooked during the canning process, which often overcooks food near the edges and creates a metallic taste. Chef-mate products are Cooked Before Canning to ensure quality taste, color, and texture in every can. To learn more, WATCH THIS VIDEO.
Can Chef-mate products be frozen after the can is opened?
No. Store remaining unheated portions of Chef-mate products in a tightly sealed plastic container and refrigerate.
How can Chef-mate products be prepared?
Chef-mate products can be prepared on a stovetop, a steam jacketed kettle, pressure or convection steamer, or a microwave oven. See the "Preparation & Storage" tab for complete details.