Beef chuck roast, 1-inch dice
Thyme leaves, fresh
Minor’s Classical Reductions Reduced Brown Stock Gluten Free, prepared stock
Cremini mushrooms, washed, quartered
Olive oil, as needed
Lemon, zest and juice
Chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a hot sauté pan, heat the olive oil and sear chuck roast well.
- Deglaze the pan with Cognac; add thyme and stock. Braise on low heat until meat is tender, about 1 hour. Remove meat from pan, set aside.
- Mix the cornstarch with water as needed to create a slurry, add to the remaining stock in the pan. Fold in Dijon mustard and minced parsley.
- In a separate sauté pan, cook mushrooms in butter with salt and pepper to taste. Add mushrooms and beef back into the sauce.
- Cook egg noodles in boiling salted water until al dente, strain, and lightly toss in olive oil.
- Combine lemon zest and juice with crème fraiche.
- In a shallow bowl, plate noodles, top with beef and sauce, and a dollop of crème fraiche. Garnish with additional chopped parsley.