Beef short ribs, boned, 2”x 2”
Carrot, 1” dice
Onions, 1” dice
Celery, 1” dice
Garlic cloves, smashed
Red wine, Burgundy
Minor’s® Classical Reductions Reduced Brown Stock Gluten Free, prepared stock
Minor’s Chipotle Flavor Concentrate
Tamale dough, prepared
Corn husks, rehydrated, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium rondeau over medium heat, add oil and heat until oil shimmers.
- Add short ribs and caramelize on all sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Once seared, transfer to a plate.
- With the heat still on medium-high, add carrot, onion, celery, and garlic; sauté until lightly caramelized, about 4 minutes. Add bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Deglaze with red wine and reduce au sec, or until almost dry. Add reduction and chipotle flavor concentrate; mix well. Add short ribs back to the liquid, cover with foil, and braise in the oven until tender, about 3 to 4 hours. Transfer short ribs to a mixing bowl; using two forks shred the short ribs, moisten with braising liquid, and chill.
- To make tamales: Lay down a corn husk with the narrow end facing away. Using an offset spatula, spread about 1½ tablespoons of tamale dough on each husk, leaving about ½” border to seal edges.
- Add pulled short rib meat down the center of the tamale, then fold one side over the next, making sure that the dough overlaps slightly to create a seal. Roll the corn husk to make a log, then pinch and fold down the narrow end and tie it off with some extra husk or twine.
- Steam the tamales for 1 to 2 hours. Allow the tamales to cool slightly before serving.
Serve with sour cream crema, cotija cheese, cilantro leaves, slice scallions, avocado slices, and/or lime wedges.
- 0:38 TIME
Lobster Risotto (Gluten Free*)
- 0:25 TIME
- 16 portions
Braised Beef Arepa
- 2:45 TIME
- 32 portions
- 364 calories
Tuna Tostada with Ancho Crema
- 0:15 TIME
- 108 portions
- 177 calories