Eggplant Steaks with Pesto Yogurt and 'Steak' Sauce
- 0:45 TIME
- 10 Portions
Garlic cloves, peeled
|Maggi Seasoning||1 tsp|
Minor’s Classical Reductions Reduced Vegetable Stock
Orange, fresh, whole
Minor’s GreenLeaf Basil Pesto Gluten Free
Minor’s Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
Eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch steaks
Hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- For the “steak” sauce, combine the water, raisins, vinegar, Dijon, black pepper, garlic, Maggi Seasoning, reduced vegetable stock, onions, celery seed, salt, orange (juice into the saucepan, then add the rind), and cloves in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer, turn off heat, and let steep 30 minutes.
- Remove orange rind from sauce. Purée sauce in a blender, pass through a strainer, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the pesto yogurt, fold together the pesto, ricotta, yogurt, and lemon zest, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat an oiled grill to medium high. Whisk together the olive oil and roasted garlic concentrate in a small bowl.
- Brush the garlic oil onto each eggplant steak and grill, flipping once, until the eggplant is tender and both sides have been grill-marked.
- To serve, top each eggplant steak with a dollop of the basil yogurt, a drizzle of steak sauce, and a garnish of toasted hazelnuts.
Products used in the recipe
Minor's Gluten Free GreenLeaf Basil Pesto, 1.6 lb (Pack of 3)
Minor's Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate Gluten Free 1 lb (Pack of 6)
Minor’s Classical Reductions Reduced Vegetable Stock Gluten Free (4 x 3-pound tubs)
- 0:30 TIME
- 48 portions
- 250 calories
Loaded Poblano French Fries
- 0:14 TIME
- 5 portions
Pot Roast Sliders
- 2:30 TIME
- 30 portions
Grilled Asparagus Bruschetta
- 0:37 TIME
- 6 portions