|Eggplant, medium, cut in half||5 each|
|Corn oil||1 Tbsp.|
White onion, ¼” dice
|2 1/2 oz|
Celery, ¼” dice
|1 1/4 oz|
Kohlrabi, ¼” dice
|1 1/4 oz|
Minor’s® Classical Reductions™ Reduced Vegetable, prepared stock
|2 1/2 cup|
Butternut squash, 1/2” dice
Celery leaves, chopped
- In a 10” sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. oil and eggplant, flat side down; sear until golden brown. Flip and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove eggplant and place on a paper towel lined pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a sauce pot over medium flame, add butter, onion, celery and kohlrabi; sweat until onion is translucent and vegetables are fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable reduction and wheat berries. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook until wheat berries are cooked al dente and liquid is absorbed. Add kale and butternut squash.
- Let wheat berries rest, covered, for 3 minutes. Then add tarragon, parsley and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with celery leaves and pomegranate seeds.