Scallion, sliced 1/8 inch
Fennel seeds, toasted, ground
Kosher salt, fine
Black pepper, cracked
|Egg, beaten||1 ea|
Fennel bulb, julienned
Minor’s® Classical Reductions™ Reduced Brown Stock, prepared as demi glace
Butter, in 1/4-inch cubes
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl add beef, veal, garlic, shallots, scallions, fennel seeds, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and panko. Mix gently until evenly mixed. Form into 2 oz meatballs.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium high heat, add oil and heat until the oil shimmers. Add meatballs and brown evenly on all sides, about 6-8 minutes. Place skillet in the oven and cook meatballs until internal temperature reaches 155°F. Remove and transfer to serving dish; cover with foil.
- Return skillet to the heat, add julienned fennel and cook until caramelized, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with red wine and reduce au sec, or almost dry.
- Add demi glace and bring to a simmer.
- Mount with butter and pour finished sauce over meatballs.
Serve with cheesy polenta and freshly shaved hard cheese.
Products used in the recipe
Mustard Brown Gravy
- 0:40 TIME
- 64 portions
Crispy Calamari with Alfredo Sauce, Gluten Free*
- 0:08 TIME
- 2 portions
- 165 calories
Cilantro Lime Hamachi
- 3 portions
- 591 calories
Pineapple Chipotle Salsa, Gluten Free*
- 0:05 TIME
- 15 portions