Jumbo Mac and Crab Cakes Ingredients
Crab meat, cooked
|1 1/2 lbs|
1 1/2 lbs
Snack crackers, crushed
|2 1/4 cups|
Celery, small diced
Scallion, thin sliced
Fresh parsley, minced
Mornay Sauce, see related recipe
|12 fl oz|
Asparagus spears, grilled
Tri-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
Mornay Sauce Ingredients
|Unsalted butter, melted||1/2 fl oz|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tbsp|
|Sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded||1 cup|
|Kosher salt||to taste|
Jumbo Mac and Crab Cakes Method
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients together to form the Jumbo Mac and Crab Cake mix. Store refrigerated until use.
- To prepare 1 portion, using a ½ cup scoop, create 1 jumbo crab cake patty and pan fry in cooking oil over medium-high heat, cooking until lightly golden in color on each side and cooked all the way through. Season with salt if desired.
- Serve the Jumbo Mac and Crab Cake topped with 1 fl. oz. Mornay Sauce and 3 pieces of grilled asparagus spears and 2 oz. of halved tri-colored cherry tomatoes on the side.
Mornay Sauce Method
- In a sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine melted butter and flour until it forms a paste and cook heat while stirring often until a blonde color is reached.
- Add milk, stir often until thickened sauce-like consistency is achieved.
- Add sharp white cheddar cheese and whisk until uniform, season with salt to taste.
- Hold warm for service.
Products used in the recipe
Pumpkin Polenta with Short Rib and Pumpkin-Rosemary Demi
- 1:20 TIME
- 2 portions
Cauli-fredo Neapolitan Style Pizza
- 1:03 TIME
- 4 portions
Asian Pepper Steak Sliders
- 0:50 TIME
- 12 portions
- 228 calories
White Cheddar Harvest Bowl
- 0:40 TIME
- 10 portions