Pecan Smoked Pulled Pork Mac Ingredients
|Caramelized onions||12 oz|
|Kosher salt||to taste|
Pecan Smoked Pulled Pork, see related recipe
Panko breadcrumbs, lightly toasted
1 1/2 cup
Black peppercorns, cracked
Smoked pecans, chopped, see related recipe
Pecan Smoked Pulled Pork Ingredients
|Onion powder||1 Tbsp|
Juniper berries, ground
Bay leaf, ground
Fresh rosemary, minced
|approx 8 1/2 lbs|
|Pecans, halved||6 oz|
Pecan Smoked Pulled Pork Mac Method
- In a large sauté pan combine Stouffer’s White Cheddar Mac & Cheese and caramelized onions.
- Over medium heat, stir until heated through, taste and season with salt as needed and hold hot for service.
- Warm the pulled pork in a sauté pan or on a flat top grill, hold hot for service.
- To serve one portion, ladle 8 oz. of the mac and cheese into a bowl and top with 4 oz. of the Pecan Smoked Pulled Pork.
- Garnish with 1 Tbsp. panko breadcrumbs, freshly cracked black peppercorns and 1 Tbsp. of chopped, smoked pecans.
Pecan Smoked Pulled Pork Method
- Combine all ingredients except the pork shoulder. Mix until thoroughly combined, and set seasoning mix aside.
- Pat the pork shoulder dry and then rub liberally with the seasoning mix.
- Smoke pork shoulder over pecan wood chunks for 8-10 hours at 225°F or until pull apart tender with an internal temperature of 190°F-200°F.
- Let pork shoulder rest, and pull apart. Reserve refrigerated until use.
Smoked Pecans Method
- In a perforated pan, add the pecans and smoke over pecan wood chunks in a smoker at 225°F for 1-2 hours or until desired smokiness is achieved.
Products used in the recipe
Thai-Inspired Cilantro Beef and Basil Wraps
- 10 portions
Chicken, Asparagus and Sun-dried Tomato Pizza, Gluten Free*
- 0:17 TIME
- 8 portions
Lobster Tail Mezcal Mac
- 12 portions
Cheesy Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 16 portions
- 715 calories