Swiss chard stems, minced (from 1 bunch)
Minor’s Classical Reductions Reduced Vegetable Stock Gluten Free, as-is
White wine, chardonnay
Wheat berries, cooked
Swiss chard leaves, 3/4” dice (from 1 bunch)
Eggplant, quartered, 1/2” oblique cut
Red onions, quartered, ½” slices
Celery, 1/2” bias
Cherry tomatoes, whole
Jalapeños, 1/4” slices
|Olive oil||1 Tbsp.|
Fresh herbs for garnish, as desired
- Preheat a wood grill (or wood oven), preferably with cherry wood chunks. Bring to a temperature of about 500-600°F.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add oil, chard stems, garlic, and shallot; sweat for 3 to 5 minutes until aromatic but not browning.
- Add vegetable reduction, then deglaze with white wine and reduce au sec, or until almost dry.
- Add wheat berries and chard leaves. Stir to combine, cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a sheet pan and cool.
- In a mixing bowl mix eggplant, red onion, radishes, celery, tomatoes, and jalapeño together with oil; add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large sizzle platter, place on the grill, and cook until vegetables are caramelized and al dente, about 4 to 8 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and chill. Mix the roasted vegetables and the wheat berry mixture together and serve chilled, garnished with fresh herbs as desired.
- Mix the roasted vegetables and the wheat berry mixture together and serve chilled, garnished with fresh herbs as desired.
Serve with a creamy buttermilk-ricotta and fresh herb dressing
Products used in the recipe
Pumpkin Polenta with Short Rib and Pumpkin-Rosemary Demi
- 1:20 TIME
- 2 portions
Five Cheese Macaroni & Cheese
- 0:45 TIME
- 11 portions
- 351 calories
Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta
- 0:10 TIME
- 38 portions
- 118 calories
Jumbo Mac and Crab Cakes
- 1:05 TIME
- 12 portions